Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, February 24, 2013

How to Make a Homemade Lightening Mask

I had a bad case of acne breakout late 2012 and I am now left with scars.  I have tried applying creams, but it just made me break out even more besides, I don’t like the greasy feel they leave.  So, I am sharing this home made lightening mask, which is inexpensive and a natural way to help fade out scars and even out the skin.

 
This recipe calls out for three inexpensive ingredients:  Baking soda, water and fresh lemon juice.

Arm & Hammer baking soda, costs more or less 20 pesos at the grocery.

Baking soda has a fine grainy texture, perfect for exfoliation, can remove dry skin cells and promote regrowth.  It can also act as a neutralizer and a drying agent.  Adding lemon juice, which has a high amount of citric acid, a natural astringent, can help gently bleach skin and can lighten dark spots.  Lemon juice has a high vitamin C content, which can benefit the skin.


Begin with combining baking soda and water until it forms a paste-like consistency.  Squeeze in half of a lemon to the mixture.

I added too much water, just add a few more baking soda to form a paste-like consistency.

Squeeze half of a lemon.

Prepare to use it by first by cleansing your face with your favorite cleanser.  Apply the skin lightening mask to your face and relax.  You can also massage your skin with this.  I let it sit for 2-3 minutes.  Rinse with cold water.  The first time I used this, there was a slight tingling sensation.  I do this at least twice a week.  The blemish and scars will appear less noticeable with constant use, just be patient.  Make sure to apply sunscreen when going out as the lightening action of the lemon juice can leave the skin more sensitive to the sun.

You will likely see results with these inexpensive ingredients to your skin regime.

8 comments:

DeBi said...

wow! this one is so helpful... been breaking out because of the cold weather eh. magawa nga ito asap! heheh

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Yes, good for drying up pimples also. kaso sa cold weather baka maging super dry naman ang skin mo. wag masyoado ibabad sa mixture and use light moisturizer na lang after.

Rae said...

Totoo, medyo nakaka-dry nga sya. Kapag sobrang lala nung mga post-acne hyperpigmentation ko, nag-mamaxipeel 4 ako once a week.

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Yes, it can be drying. I try to do it at least twice a week lang. As for hyperpigmentation na matagal na, i believe having diamond peel sessions helps din. ;)

Donna Ocon -Juezan said...

I used this as my deodorant! It really do wonders for me. I stay dry even in a humid environment plus there's no foul smell when I'm sweating. Maybe I'll just add calamansi extract to help lighten my underarm. It is really effective!!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Really as deodorant, wow the many uses of Baking Soda! I'll give it a try.

Donna Ocon -Juezan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teri Yellow said...

I have the ingredients with me but I'm kinda afraid that it's too harsh. But since I have breakouts recently, I am desperate to try this even before I was able to read this post. I will use lime because we have a lime tree.

~" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana "~

.

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!