Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Secret to Baby Soft Lips


Smith’s Rosebud Salve
This cult favorite, multi purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns.

I purchased this about a year ago because I have read good reviews about it.  In fact it has become a cult favorite.  I often suffer from chapped lips, and I have used Vaseline for a long time, but I find that greasy.  I also tried Chapstick, but I always lose the tube due to carelessness.

Big enough tin, fits my hand well.  Costs 400+ pesos, forgot which site I bought it.

I love the vintage-y classic feel of the tin.  On the downside though, I find it unsanitary to dip my finger whenever I feel like putting it on.  What I do is, I always make sure to wash my hands and then apply alcohol on my hands just to make it more hygienic.  It can be a hassle sometimes especially if you are in a hurry.

Appears reddish/coralish in the tin, but it gives off no color once applied, making it a perfect base for lipsticks.

At first though, I did not like the rose-y scent to it, but it kind of grows on you.  The scent is not that strong, just a mild one.  There is no taste to it, so I find that a plus.  The texture is not waxy.  It is easy to apply.  I just dip my finger then tap on my lips.  It heals my dry, chapped lips much faster than Vaseline or Chapstick.  My lips are addicted to it.  It gives instant relief and leaves the lips super smooth and soft.  You can apply this as a base before putting lipstick on as it gives a clear finish.  You can skip the lip-gloss if you like.  Whenever I put this on, my mom and Jellybelly thinks that I have lipstick on.  One tin lasts forever.  I have this for a year now and there is still a lot of product left.  I just love, love this.

Baby soft lips, an invitation for endless kisses ;)

2 comments:

Rae said...

Pareho tayo. I don't like rose scented lips, in my case, the scent doesn't grow on me.

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Yup, pero nasanay na ako and my lips feel smooth kaya i still use it ;)

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!