Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Products that Cleared My Acne

Disclaimer:  “What works for me might not work for you.”

Growing up, I had clear skin except when it’s that time of the month.  I would occasionally get one or two nasty zits.  Nothing alarming.  BUT, I suffered adult acne (I’m 30ish).  I never had this flare up so bad.  I hated it.  I felt so unpretty.  Self‑confidence took a nosedive.  There was even a time I hated looking at the mirror.  It does not help that my hormones went haywire after an operation and radiation treatment, that including stress made my acne even worse.  I have tried almost all products geared for acne.  I even went to dermatologists and tried every creams, toners, facials and what have yous.  Nothing worked.








When my mom saw how bad my skin was, the advice she told me was to take it easy.  Let my skin breathe, drink lots of water, get enough sleep, get down to basics – meaning simplify my skin regimen.  That got me thinking, hmm.  Simplify…

So I threw away all the facial wash, creams, toners and everything I was currently using for my face.  For the first time in decades, I began to use soap on my face.  Plain white soap.  An old friend of mine, SAFEGUARD.  I believe its antibacterial properties helped heal my acne.  I just wash my face with it three times a day.  The first three days, I noticed small bumps were starting to dry.  By the end of the week, the small ones have dried up completely.  After consuming the first bar, the bigger ones dried up.  And then the second, the third bar and so on.  To date, I do not have pimples anymore, yay!

Safeguard Ivory White 116 pesos for a pack of 3.  It has a nice powdery scent.

Another great product that worked for me was ESKINOL.  Every Maria and Pedro for sure has heard of this astringent.  It has a strong alcohol component so it can remove oil and deep seated dirt.  I just moisten a cotton ball and use this after shower and before going to bed.  I never fail to do this especially at night no matter how tired I get.


Priced at 74 pesos Eskinol Pimple Fighting variant.

As for the scars, I believe getting diamond peel helps.  It can lighten the pimple marks and help them fade faster.  I undergo sessions every two weeks, but now that they have lightened significantly, I try to go at least once a month.

My acne did not disappear overnight.  There are no miracle cures.  It takes time and patience, coupled with a balanced diet to nourish the skin and proper hydration to flush out the toxins.

Sometimes it helps if we just simplify.  Less stress, more beauty!

1 comments:

Michael Torculas said...

Thank You for sharing :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!