Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Brush Off

Dry brushing.  Say What?

One of my goals for this year is to have time for myself and to listen to what my body tells me.  That includes caring for my skin.

Dry brushing stimulates blood circulation and lymphatic system, which can help the body get rid of toxins.  The benefit of dry brushing is having healthy smooth skin.  It can remove dead skin cells and promote skin growth.








Start off with the right tool.  Use a natural boar bristle brush.  This is fairly stiff and can take time getting used to.  It is best to dry brush before taking a shower while in the nude.  Begin brushing from the toes going upward, strokes should be towards the heart.  After brushing the legs, brush your stomach, arms and back, again movement should be towards the heart.  Brush with gentle strokes.  Avoid delicate skin like the insides of your thighs and the face.  Brushing should not hurt and skin should not feel raw.  After brushing, shower as you normally would.

Wood Brush with natural boar bristles from Watsons, inexpensive at 125 pesos.


So who does this?  Miranda Kerr.  Another Miranda Kerr in the making?  That is so far fetched, haha, but who knows right?  I promise to devote at least 2 minutes of brushing before taking a shower everyday.  My non‑negotiable skin care regime for 2013.

9 comments:

Rae said...

Do give an update on this.

I read this at Topaz Horizon too. I have a natural-bristle brush but I use it wet. Hindi ko din maimagine to use it on the toes first, naiimagine ko kasi that my feet are drity, and if I start from the feet up, I feel like I'll be bringing the dirt all over.

DeBi said...

Hi Kitty!

I haven't tried dry brushing....I have heard this but never ever tried... :)

Debbie

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Hello Debbie, yes, the first time I read this i was intrigued. I researched up on dry brushing first before i got convinced.

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Hello Rae! Thanks for your comment. Me to, at first i find it unhygienic to start from the toes up, kind of like you're spreading the dirt diba? What I do, i try to wash my feet first, then towel dry. That way, i won't have to spread dirt.

Aiyo Aclado said...

Nice! I've a friend who's been on a dry brush hunt. 'Didn't know Watsons have them.

Following you now through GFC. 'Hope you'll follow back. Cheers!

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Thanks for adding me. I have been trying to add you through GFC, i cant see the button for it. sorry, im still learning the ropes. if you could tell me where, i would add you also :)

Aiyo Aclado said...

Hi Kitty,

It's the "Join this site" button on the right side of the screen at http://thevacationpreview.blogspot.com/.

Cheers,

Aiyo

Style and Glow said...

I've read about dry brushing but haven't tried it still. I'll try to find that wood brush from Watsons. Thanks for mentioning it.

http://styleandglow.blogspot.com/

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Ok, I hope you find the brush as it's always out of stock, right now I can't find a replacement :(

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!