Nuffnang Ads

Friday, April 26, 2013

Vigan Part 2

It rained while we were in Vigan, but that did not stop us from having our empanada fix as well as other favorites we had to buy.  My mom bought bagnet and longanisang Vigan (which I did not try as I am trying to stay away from meat). Although the empanada had bits of longanisang Vigan, I just closed my eyes and pretended that the meat was tofu.

Here's how they cook the empanada:






We also had to try the dirty ice cream, as requested by my brother-in-law:


Bought a lot of chichacorn.  They say it's a healthy snack (i still say it has to be consumed in moderation because it has salt).

On our way home, we passed by Candon (a town) and bought their famous calamay.  It is a sticky sweet delicacy (almost gummy in consistency) made of glutinous rice, coconut milk and brown/white sugar.



Yummy food from Vigan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!