Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Aklan Side Trip 1: Sampaguita Gardens

After our Boracay trip, since my mom has an Aklanon friend, we had the chance to tour Aklan for a day.  He knows how much I love Precious Moments and so he took us to Sampaguita Gardens.

Aklan Sampaguita Gardens Resort, Inc. is the brainchild of Samuel John Butcher, an American artist and creator of Precious Moments artworks that promote messages of loving, caring and sharing. Mr. Butcher, who owns Precious Moments Park in Carthage, Missouri, put his plans into action in December 2001 and in June 2003, the resort began commercial operations.
The resort features Samuel J. Butcher mansion, guestrooms, convention center, pool, Christmas cottage and the Precious Moments Collectibles.

Entrance


Grounds



Flowers




Old carousel


By the pool


It was so hot, had to stay under the shade



By the time we went inside the mansion, I was feeling hot, hungry and cranky so I only took a few pics, the other pics I won't bother to post because I look irritated.




I do hope that they maintain the resort.  Some of their decors are already in need of a repaint/maintenance.  It was still fun, but the summer heat got us that is why it was only a short stay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!