Hello there lovelies! I’m adding another section in my blog, and it will be called From My Kitchen. While I’m no expert, not even a Martha Stewart wannabe or a professional chef for that matter, I will share with you guys my simple recipes that I’ve learned from my mom, developed and made it my own. Since Jellybelly and I moved to our own house six years ago, I had to come up with easy-peasy recipes, something that takes at least 30 to 45 minutes to prepare, since I too work at home.
I’m happy to say that my Jellybelly loves my cooking (he has no choice but to eat the food I prepare). I hope you like this new section and hoping that it can help homemakers out there.
Today, I’m sharing my healthy spaghetti. My Jellybelly is a picky eater. He eats vegetables only when he feels like it, so I try to incorporate vegetables as much as I can without him noticing.
1 kilo lean ground beef
1 kilo spaghetti
1 kilo spaghetti/tomato sauce
1/2 cup of grated cheese
3 onions (chopped)
1 head of garlic (chopped)
2 bell peppers (diced finely)
2 carrots (diced finely)
1 can button mushroom
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
Dash of pepper
Olive oil for sautéing
Hot sauce/chili flakes - optional
I am using El Real pasta, the ones with malunggay and carrot bits, Del Monte Spaghetti sauce, and the cheese was a freebie (yey for freebies!).
Vegetables: Carrots, bell peppers and mushrooms (diced).
Also lots of garlic and onions.
Sabroso Olive Oil (or any vegetable oil, sometimes I use Canola oil)
Hot sauce – I’m using Sriracha or Rooster, a little goes a long way as this one is super spicy. My mom bought this in the states, but I saw these already in grocery stores in their PX section.
- Cook spaghetti as per package instructions. Set aside. (TIP: While waiting for the water to boil for the pasta, you can start preparing the vegetables to save time and to MULTI-TASK, something I am programming our Manang version 2010 to do, haha!)
- Sautee garlic and onions in olive oil.
- Once onions become transparent, add in lean ground beef. Cook ground beef until tender.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- As soon as mushrooms are cooked, add in carrots and bell peppers.
- After mixing in carrots and bell peppers, put the tomato sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- To lessen the tangy taste of the sauce, add in muscovado sugar and soy sauce. Flavor to suit ones taste.
- As soon as the sauce starts to simmer, add in the grated cheese. Put a dash of pepper.
- As an added "zing and kick," you can also add chili flakes or hot sauce.