Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Airport

When I was a kid, I used to hate airports.  Back then airports meant goodbyes.  My father used to work abroad.  Then my grandparents had to leave for the US.  My cousins, aunts, uncles followed.  Soon my friends had to leave one by one.

Then it was time for my sister to leave the nest.  She had to work in the US as well.  It was hard as we grew up together, never been apart for so long.  It was difficult to adjust daily routines without her.

My sister got married and my parents had the chance to join her there.  Sadly enough, I was declined a visa entry.  I felt I was left alone.

My parents had to go back here in the Philippines because I had another operation.  They stayed for six months here in PI, but then had to leave again as my sister gave birth to my niece.  They stayed there for six months.  I felt sad.

They again returned as I had to have another operation.  Then we found out my sister is pregnant with baby #2.  My dad had to go first because my sister needed someone to look after my niece.

My mom stayed behind to look after me.  She stayed for one year.  What a good time we had.  We shopped together, travel together, gossip, even sleep together sometimes.  We stayed at her house and had to lock down our own home.  Now, my sister needs her.  Baby is due next month.  It was bittersweet.  I don’t want to be selfish, but it’s hard.  I want her to stay.

We were back once again at the airport.  Nope, I didn’t cry this time (well, just a little but I didn’t show it to my mom).  It would be a long time before she would come home again as they will stay in the US for good.  Even if Jellybelly is here, I can’t shake the feeling of being left alone, by myself.  I have always been the baby of the family even if I am the eldest.  Very hard getting used to the fact that they are many miles away.

Right now as I am typing, I am missing my mom (and my dad, my sister and kids).  Thank God for video chats!

P.s. I also hate, hate this song:

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh baby, I hate to go

2 comments:

Jocris Mangubat said...

leaving on a jet plane song makes me teary eyed * sniff sniff* Thanks to the new technology, because you still can see them, even they are far. hug for you ;)

Kittykatmiyaw said...

thanks for the hug. i really miss them a lot.

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!