Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Healthy Spaghetti

Hello there lovelies!  I’m adding another section in my blog, and it will be called From My Kitchen.  While I’m no expert, not even a Martha Stewart wannabe or a professional chef for that matter, I will share with you guys my simple recipes that I’ve learned from my mom, developed and made it my own.  Since Jellybelly and I moved to our own house six years ago, I had to come up with easy-peasy recipes, something that takes at least 30 to 45 minutes to prepare, since I too work at home.

I’m happy to say that my Jellybelly loves my cooking (he has no choice but to eat the food I prepare).  I hope you like this new section and hoping that it can help homemakers out there.

Today, I’m sharing my healthy spaghetti.  My Jellybelly is a picky eater.  He eats vegetables only when he feels like it, so I try to incorporate vegetables as much as I can without him noticing.

Ingredients:
1 kilo lean ground beef
1 kilo spaghetti
1 kilo spaghetti/tomato sauce
1/2 cup of grated cheese
3 onions (chopped)
1 head of garlic (chopped)
2 bell peppers (diced finely)
2 carrots (diced finely)
1 can button mushroom
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
Dash of pepper
Olive oil for sautéing
Hot sauce/chili flakes - optional

I am using El Real pasta, the ones with malunggay and carrot bits, Del Monte Spaghetti sauce, and the cheese was a freebie (yey for freebies!).


Vegetables:  Carrots, bell peppers and mushrooms (diced).


Also lots of garlic and onions.


Sabroso Olive Oil (or any vegetable oil, sometimes I use Canola oil)


Hot sauce – I’m using Sriracha or Rooster, a little goes a long way as this one is super spicy.  My mom bought this in the states, but I saw these already in grocery stores in their PX section.



Steps:
  1. Cook spaghetti as per package instructions.  Set aside.  (TIP:  While waiting for the water to boil for the pasta, you can start preparing the vegetables to save time and to MULTI-TASK, something I am programming our Manang version 2010 to do, haha!)
  2. Sautee garlic and onions in olive oil.
  3. Once onions become transparent, add in lean ground beef.  Cook ground beef until tender.
  4. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
  5. As soon as mushrooms are cooked, add in carrots and bell peppers.
  6. After mixing in carrots and bell peppers, put the tomato sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.
  7. To lessen the tangy taste of the sauce, add in muscovado sugar and soy sauce.  Flavor to suit ones taste.
  8. As soon as the sauce starts to simmer, add in the grated cheese.  Put a dash of pepper.
  9. As an added "zing and kick," you can also add chili flakes or hot sauce.
And finally,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!