Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sambokojin

My mom had her despedida/going away part at Sambokojin in SM Southmall last June 5, 2013.  We made lunch reservations for 44 persons.  It was a Wednesday.  We were quite surprised that the restaurant was full, we were not expecting that being it a workday/school day, but since we had a reservation, there were no problems.  Sambokojin is a grill-all-you-can, eat-all-you-can Yakiniku.  Their claim is that it is, smokeless and odorless.  It is a fusion of Japanese-Korean.


From their website:

SAMBO KOJIN
The Japanese Kitchen God.  Three-headed deity with two pairs of hands.  Bearer of fire, protector of the hearth, watcher of the household, keeper of the brotherhood.

SAMBO KOJIN
The ultimate pleasures of camaraderie dining.  Incomparable delights of togetherness, a closeness that will always be relished, repeated and remembered.

SAMBO KOJIN
The rituals of grilling, the merging of cuisines, the mastery of Korean and Japanese chefmanships from generation to generation.

This is my Jellybelly’s as well as my second time to dine here.  When my mom asked us which place to hold her party, we gladly volunteered this resto.  Now, on to the pictures:

Grilling Station:  Different meats, vegetables and seafood for grilling









Sushi/sashimi Station:







Tempura


Japchae



Dessert Station:




What's in my plate(s):  Sushi, sashimi, tempura, uni (sea urchin) 






Ice-cream (mocha and strawberry with candy confetti bits), just right for me.


My favorite fruit, watermelon


Gummi worms, yay!


Believe me, there are a lot of choices.  I just couldn’t take a picture of them as there are a lot of people.  I also forgot to take pictures of the Korean station or where the cooked food station.  I would have loved to try everything, but my tummy couldn’t take it all, haha.

So what makes it different from other grill-all, eat-all resto (Yakimix, ahem)?  For me, I think Sambokojin gives better service, the waiters listen attentively and accommodate your requests, fills in the food stations efficiently and quickly and I think their resto is a lot classier and cleaner than most grill restos I have been to (take note Yakimix).  Even if the restaurant is full, you won’t even feel it because it is very spacious, well lighted and did I say spacious?

Okay, so everyone had a good time, most especially my mom (whose flight was the very next day).  Jellybelly and I will surely return as it was a good experience.

p.s. The staff sang “For she’s a jolly good fellow” to my mom and gave a complimentary cake (as requested by one of her friends)

The complimentary cake




6 comments:

Berylle Kaye Hong said...

dined here again earlier this month.. i was pretty impressed with the improvement.. more dishes and better quality! very worth it! :)

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Thanks for dropping by!

Sally Mae said...

with just the maki and tempura, my stomach is happy already haha!
ay sama na rin ang desserts :)

http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Yes, so yummy!

Shayne said...

sis i had a bad experience naman with sambokojin, 4 of us went there. we had fun and we liked the food. when we all came home to sleep 3 of us had a really bad stomach ache, few vomiting too. the next morning we were all fine tho. :(

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Oh, that's too bad! I hope it wasn't food poisoning. Whenever we eat at restos where you need to cook your own food, make sure to cook it well and use a separate plate/utensils for raw and cooked foods. Also when eating raw food as say sashimi, better put lemon to at least "cook" it.

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!