Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hello Yellow Wedding Guest Look

When I attended my cousin's wedding, I wanted to achieve an effortless, easy breezy, age-appropriate look.  Being on the "health fabulous" side I wanted to look nice and appropriate.  Also, Jellybelly and I became stand in/proxy for my parents as the godparents.

Now, as most of you know, here in the Philippines, there is a certain "ninang" look, you know, the beigey-nude gowns that ninang wear.  I don't want that look as I feel I'm still young-ish to be wearing that.  I just want something that will not make me feel "matronly."  Also, I don't want to wear a gown, just something simple that I could still re-use when another occasion calls for it.


Hello Yellow

This was lifted from Polyvore.  This was the look I was aiming for, simple easy breezy dresses with just the right amount of "bling."




I got this above the knee dress from the sale at MegaMall.  It is a Celine dress, original price is 1600+ pesos, discounted at 1400+ pesos.  I chose this because the material (chiffon) looks gownish/dressy enough that I won't feel underdressed (since I will be one of the principal sponsors).  I have very simple tastes, so I prefer clothes without embellishments/heavy beadings, etc.  The only adornment is the draped front, good enough to hide the love handles/fabulous belly, and what have yous.


Got this silver clutch from Payless at a very low price (less than 150 pesos), also during the sale at MegaMall. (I used a grey polish, which I posted here ).

The shoes, which I posted here Hello Yellow .  They were comfortable, by the way.
 

My accessories includes my wedding band, engagement ring, cuff (gift from my mom, she got from a trip), earrings and necklage (gift from my sister) and my favorite Forever21 ribbon ring.  Side story - the cuff was a gift from my mom from one of her trips.  When converted to peso it costs around 2500.  We saw the exact same thing at Greenhills and it costs 4500 pesos.  Just sharing, hehe.

I hope someday I will be brave enough to do an outfit post, little steps, I know I will get there.  Do you think I achieved the look I was aiming for?  Please let me know.  Thanks lovelies!

Anyway, just for laughs, meet the Mr. & Mrs.


 

13 comments:

Dasha Zet said...

Great blog, follow you now) Hope you follow me back, it would be fantastic;)

http://fancyshot.blogspot.ru

XOXO

Mira Delos Reyes said...

I am inspired! I'll soon attend a cousin wedding, too. And I am thinking to wear yellow now! Thank you for the idea!

Kittykatmiyaw said...

followed you back!

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Hello Mira! Yellow is such a happy color plus it can make you feel young :)

Kristine Omaan said...

You know what, we are kindred spirits. Also dont have the guts (yet!) to show my Ootds to the world. Oh well, maybe someday. Your outfit looks great!

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Yes! Apir! We have the same clutch right? Same taste, same thoughts about posting OOTDs, hmm? Kindred spirit nga! Thanks for dropping by!

Shayne said...

i like your choice of dress, i would pick a simple dress and daanin ko sa accessories like you did :) and im also doing the one step at a time sharing of myself sa blog. someday i want to post OOTDs din :) im looking forward to your OOTD posts :D

Shee of My Dolce Vita said...

Ooooh, I love that shade of yellow. Refreshing. Looking forward to your OOTD photos (soon, I hope?) xx

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Thank Shayne for your nice words. Gather up ko muna ang courage before posting ootd.

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Thanks Shee, nagkataon umulan pa noon so yellow looked refreshing, sakto. Sana kaya ng powers ko Ootd posts hehe.

Sloane AndClaire said...

I'm obsessed with that silver clutch. It is absolutely gorgeous! Definitely need to check out Payless. Cute dress, too! xo

www.the-lipglossary.com
<3

Christine ♥ CHRiiSSYDOLLXO said...

that's so beautiful! perfect wedding outfit :) thanks so much for following my blog, I'm now following you too <3

NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
BLOGGER GFC | BLOGLOVIN'

Kittykatmiyaw said...

Thanks for your nice words!

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!