Nuffnang Ads

Monday, July 29, 2013

Shade of Grey and a Wedding

I know the title seems lame, sorry! Can't think of anything else at the moment.  Well this post is about a mani I did when I attended my cousin's wedding.  I love doing manis and weddings, so it was just perfect.

My mom and dad were supposed to be the godparents.  Since they can't be here for the wedding, Jellybelly and I had to stand in for them.  Since I'm still young (haha!), I don't want to appear matronly looking so I had to deviate from the usual nudes/pastel mani.  So I chose ...



Caress Nail Polish in Diamond Gay - yes, it's not a typo error.  This was a remnant when I was in my "grey phase."  I used to love grey, I still do!


It was a bit tricky to apply, only used two coats.  I planned on using white gold/silver accessories (wedding band and engagement ring, earrings and bracelet plus a silver clutch).  I wore a yellow dress so I figured it would look nice.




Now for the wedding, it was a lovely wedding.  My cousin looked lovely and her husband looked dapper in his suit.  My nephew (their son) was so cute as well, he was the ring bearer.  They were already married at a judge, but they still wanted a church ceremony.  I am so happy for them.


It was raining, but that did not put a damper in the festive and happy mood.






The bride and the groom having their moment, so sweet.  It was a really heartfelt occassion, such a joy to witness two people professing their love.  Their love story is so touching.  Everyone was teary eyed as they said their personal vows (it kinda made me remember my own wedding day).

I wish them the best and more fun and exciting times ahead! 


10 comments:

Jocris Mangubat said...

Best wishes to them ^_^ and Ok pala ang gray.. uhmm m.. ma try nga .

Shayne said...

i thought you were the one who got married ^^ i like this color i think it would be great sa nail art too. congrats to your cousin :)

Shee of My Dolce Vita said...

Hi,

Your pictures look really great! :D

Christine ♥ CHRiiSSYDOLLXO said...

such a beautiful shade! perfect for a wedding, so classy :)

NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
Let's connect at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'

Sally Mae said...

i love posts about weddings! i've been wanting to share the coupls' photos of those weddings i attended but I haven't ask for their permission :(

anyway, im really curious with the yellow dress you are wearing. I hope we can see that sis hehe.. great day!

Kittykatmiyaw said...

To everyone, thanks for taking time to read my blog. I will do a post soon hopefully, a what I wore type of post. Been busy lately but I will try to follow your blogs Shee and Christine. Shayne and Jocris, thanks for your nice words.

Sis Sally, i will try to post that yellow dress soon, come to think of it, i haven't asked the couple's permission (maybe that's why I only posted back shots of the couple, hehe).

anyway, thanks again lovelies!

Rae A. said...

Yellow and Grey look great together. Which is a little weird considering how happy yellow is and how gloom grey looks

Kittykatmiyaw said...

That's exactly what my sister told me, that i'm weird mixing grey and yellow together :) To me grey looked silverish when paired with yellow (that or I'm color blind, haha) that's why I liked it.

Elle F said...

do you have twitter?! id love to follow :)

@mallynista22

xx

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hello Elle, sorry but I don't have a twitter account. Hope you have a blog, so i can follow you as well!

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!