Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Perk Me Up Smoothie

I have been feeling sad for the past couple of days.  I have just learned that my dad suffered a mild stroke.  Thank God he is okay now.  The labs showed no clots, which is a good thing.  He had a right hemiplegia, meaning weakness on the right side.  His blood pressure went up, and he spent a few days in the hospital, but now he is out of harms way as he is now stable.  In times like this, I wish I'm with them.

I am praying with the right meds, diet, exercise, and a good dose of LOVE, he will get better since it is just a mild stroke.  Good thing my sister is a physical therapist, that and her friends who are so selfless in extending their help - cardiologist, speech therapist and occupational therapist.  Thank you Lord for friends, bless their kind souls.

Anyway moving on, I have prepared a healthy smoothie and hopefully my sister and mom will also prepare this for my dad.

What you will need:




One cup frozen strawberries, would have been nicer if you can get fresh strawberries



Around three to four bananas


Half a glass of soy milk (I use Silk or SoyFresh) or any milk of your choice



Put everything in the blender.  Optional:  You can add a heaping tablespoon of Muscovado/brown sugar or peanut butter (we ran out of peanut butter, hehe).  You can also add water if you don't want the smoothie too creamy (my ratio: 1 glass of water to 1/2 glass of soya milk).  



You can also add ice cubes.

This is actually good as it fills you up, plus you'll get a lot of vitamins and minerals from the strawberries, bananas and milk.

Easy smoothie to jump start your day!  I hope you get to try it :) 

14 comments:

Sally Mae said...

this looks yummy! we'll try this at home once i find a replacement for our blender. thanks for sharing this sis!

and good to hear that your father is okay already. I'll still include him in my prayers. ingat sis!

Kristine Omaan said...

Good to know your dad is ok na.

I love making shakes and smoothies,too. I try to have a glass in the morning,pag may time.hehe! I love bananas with carrots and cucumber. Apple-banana combo is great too.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thanks Sally for your prayers, we really need that! God bless you!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Mommy K next on my list is apple/carrots and banana combo. I'm trying to lose weight din kaso failing big time, sarap kumain.

Thanks for your concern too!

Christine Simpao said...

Looks deelish! Perhaps I better hit the supermarket after shift. Natakam ako in fernez. ^_^

xoxo,
Tin
http://kabadinganandbeyond.blogspot.com/

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Yehee! Try it sis. Meron din yung frozen mixed berries, sarap din!

Added you already :)

Mumay said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this! I have two blenders at home (from our previous Buko Shake business), but I haven't tried doing fruit smoothies and juices yet.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Mumay, I also love buko water ba yung tawag doon then I eat the buko meat, don't know how its called, hehe.

Shee of My Dolce Vita said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to know he's ok now. It's not easy to hear any sort of bad news specially when you're away from your family...
On a lighter note, that smoothie is really good, I bet! Strawberries always work with bananas, they even out the tang of the berries. Plus the milk. Soooo good!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thanks Shee! It helps that I get to video chat with them everyday. As for the smoothie, yes it is that good :)

Shayne said...

kitty i hope your dad is feeling better.i will pray for his health too :)

tin said...

hi there, hope your dad is ok..
yup, the smoothie looks so yummy :)
take care

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thanks for the prayer Shayne, he is stable now. I am so touched!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thanks Tin, he is getting better.

The smoothie is really good :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!