Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, August 29, 2013

ROAR




Ever since I heard this song, ROAR by Katy Perry, it has been running through my head over and over.  My last song syndrome.  This song really hit home to me.  Sure, the tone is very catchy, but to me it is more than that.  I can truly relate to the lyrics.

I dedicate this song to myself, to Jellybelly, my family, our theme song after all that I've/we've been through.  Really, I can beat my sickness, I know it cause I am a CHAMPION!  This also goes out to those who are fighting and still fighting, we can do it! Let us not just be a statistic, and we can BEAT IT!  God is good, just BELIEVE!!!



"Roar"
I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

You held me down, but I got up
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up
Get ready cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar

Now I’m floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

You held me down, but I got up
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up
Get ready ’cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me ROAR
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me ROAR...

Roar-or, roar-or, roar-or, roar-or, roar-or

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me ROAR
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me ROAR
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me ROAR
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me ROAR...
P.S. Images are from Google

16 comments:

Bryan James Platon said...

im gonna download this

Claire P said...

Oo nga, catchy tapos ganda pa ng message; Love ko na rin :)

Kristine Omaan said...

Ive been hearing this song but ngayon ko lang nadama ng bonggang bongga ang meaning nito. Yes,you are a champion! Aja!

Jocris Mangubat said...

Haven't heard that yet.. maybe later, when im home..hihi..^^

Kittykat Miyaw said...

To Bryan James: Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, it's such a nice song :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Claire, simple song pero may meaning. Sa lahat ng lumalaban at ayaw ng magpa-api :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Mommy K, thanks as always. Everyday is a battle, but thank God i'm getting better. Mwuah!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Jocris, it's such an upbeat song, maganda :)

Shee of My Dolce Vita said...

I haven't heard it yet, and my li'l sister recommended it too. Love the message of the song too! Will definitely check this in Youtube later... Thanks for the tip! :D

Kittykat Miyaw said...

no problem Shee :)

Jocris Mangubat said...

Just heard sis.. lakas nga maka LSS..

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sis Jocris, ako ilang days ko na pinakikinggan hehe!

Shayne said...

i love this song :3 i first heard it sa VMA. like you, i really appreciate the lyrics too. i love empowerment songs ^^

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Yes, better than Miley's haha. The message is really good especially on days when I feel like blah :)

blackshirt13 said...

Katy Perry does some really feel-good songs like this and Firework. :) The message is very uplifting and anyone who's ever had a struggle would have no trouble relating to the song.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Yes plus the tune is really catchy ;)

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!