Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Day in the Life of a Home-Based Diva



I know this post is very insignificant, a day in the life of the Home-Based Diva.


I lead such boring life.  I stay at home 24/7.  I am a also a very private person, but I will let you have a peek on what goes on my daily grind.  When I’m not busy with my medical transcription/editing job*, I just do house chores, watch my favorite series, read books, exercise a bit, see to it that Jellybean is okay, and surf the net.

There was a time when I had to stop working – when I had my operation and treatments, but now I feel I am ready to work again, though I only get jobs that I can manage, nothing stressful.  I really love my job as it pays the bills plus I can work independently and it is very flexible, I just need to make sure that files are turned in on time and that they are 99% chart-ready.  I work for two companies by the way, a different one in the morning and another at night.  Sorry, I can’t divulge much about the companies I work for (I am an independent contractor and had a nondisclosure/confidentiality agreement) J

Jellybean stays at home too 24/7, which is a good thing as we are together everyday.  He is a homebody like me.  He also works as a medical transcriptionist/editor, though he has a different company, thus we have different schedules.  He also gets to help me with my night work so I don’t have to stay up all night.

Since our companies are based in the US, weekdays for us are every Tuesday to Saturday.  Our weekends are Sundays and Mondays.  We also do not follow Philippine holidays (boo!), instead we have holidays like – Memorial Day, Labor Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Veteran's Day, etc. – US based holidays.

So here it goes, not necessarily on the dot or rigid, my typical weekday …

7:15 – 7:30 a.m. – this is when I wake up.  Upon waking up I pray and thank the Lord for giving me a new day and ask for protection, guidance and blessings.  Give Jellybean his morning kiss, though he wakes up a bit late due to his work.  I do my usual morning prep/rituals.

7:30 – 7:45 a.m. – I check on Manang.  I see to it that she has prepared breakfast or check/supervise whatever task she is doing (she knows her way around the house so I leave her alone and we trust her).  This is also the time when I go to our garden to meditate/stretch and warm up and have my dose of vitamin D from Mr. Sun.

7:45 – 8:15 a.m. – I exercise a bit.  My mom has several dance exercise DVDs or anything I find easy on YouTube.  I then try to cool down.

8:30 a.m. – I download my voice files and talk to my boss online.

8:45 -9:15 a.m. – I take a shower and then have breakfast.
9:30 – 11:30 a.m. – It’s work, work, work for me.  I also try to squeeze in a call to my mom, dad and sister - yes I call them everyday using Viber or Tango.  I also check to make sure lunch is prepared by Manang.  Sometimes, if work load is light, I do the cooking.

11:30 – Wake Jellybean up for our lunch.

11:45 – 12:30 p.m. – Lunch.

12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – I sometimes take a power nap.

1:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Work, work some more.

3:00 – 6:30 p.m. – Free time.  I can either sleep, read a book, prepare snacks, blog, surf the net, basically anything I want.  Kulitan with Jellybean.  See to dinner.

7:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Have dinner.

7:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Quiet time with Jellybean or watch TV.  This is also the time I prepare Jellybean's snack at night so he'll have something to munch on if he feels hungry while working at night.

9:00 – 11:00 p.m. (or 12:00 a.m. depends on work load) – Begin my “night” work, talk to my boss some more.

12:00 a.m. – I end my day with a prayer and go to dreamland with Jellybean tucking me in to bed.

So there you go, my “a day in the life.”

Weekends are another thing and a different post altogether, haha.  That’s the time we go out on dates too, wink, wink, my favorite part of the week.

Care to share your a day in the life?  You can do a post about it and link back to me or leave a comment or two  :-)







*What is medical transcription/editing?  - The doctor dictates, sends me the voice file, I type it out or edit and make sure it is 99% chart ready, then send it back to the doctor. 



Images are from Google.

14 comments:

Jocris Mangubat said...

Wow,, Interesting sis,Hmmm.. I soon to be a WAHM na rin, and I hope hindi me manibago.. Once I get a work at home, I will make this kind of post too in my blog, and link you back,ok?hihi..

mommyunwired.com said...

Ooh, I have always wanted to be a WAHM. You seem to have an interesting job :) and you must save loads on pamasahe and time ano?

Phranczeska Pharell said...

I really want to be a WAHM, hope it happens for me soon :)
Thanks for posting this.
-satisfiedgirl-
http://phranczeskapharell.blogspot.com

Kristine Omaan said...

Secret lang ha. I also dream of a life like this. Yun bang I can sleep in for a couple more minutes because I dont have to rush to work. I dont have to worry about being late, getting caught in traffic, getting along with co-workers. :) Tama sila, tipid sa pamasahe, lunch at stress.
I will post something like this,soon.:)

Mumay said...

I salute you, sis! When I was still working as I writer, I dread those moments that I need to transcribe recorded interviews.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hi Jocris! Sige I will wait for your post. I also wish hindi ka manibago :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hello Mommyunwired! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, less na sa pamasahe :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Satisfiedgirl - I hope this post helped you plan out your day if you become a WAHM.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sis Kristine - Mare, I will wait for your post. Yung getting along with co-workers totoo yun, yun kasi ang pinakamahirap pag nag wo-work sa office, hehe :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hi Mumay - yes minsan mahirap minsan madali yung dictation.

Miss `Chievous said...

WAHMs are amazing. THought I can be one in the future too.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thanks!

Venus Emma said...

I don't find this insignificant at all! Sobrang relate ako kasi though I'm still a conventional employee as of the moment, I have already been thinking about getting a home-based job na rin for when my family starts growing and when we have a baby na. I wonder how long I'll be able to endure it though bilang sanay akong laging may human interaction sa work. :D

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hmm, staying at home has its perks, but it can get boring at times lalo na if you're very sociable. You could go out on weekends though and also don't forget to give time for yourself as you could easily get lost with work, chores and what have yous :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!