Nuffnang Ads

Monday, September 30, 2013

Korean Barbeque Sundate

With Manang 2010 gone for her day off this weekend, and for our Sundate, I have prepared a no-brainer lunch for Jellybean and me.  Allow me to share my version of Korean Barbeque, Jellybean's favorite.  Very easy to do and you'll certainly get thumb's up from meat eaters.

For the barbeque -


Sukiyaki cut beef - any part of the meat, as long as it is sliced thinly.  I bought this at SM Supermarket for 125 pesos.


Marinate the beef in light soy sauce, Mama Sita's barbeque sauce, a bit of sugar and sesame oil - sorry, no exact measurement, I just eyeball it.  Let it sit for 30 minutes or more.



Pan sear it depending on the done-ness you prefer.  I like mine toasted/well-done.


For the vegetable side dish - gotta have my veggies -



Half a head of cabagge (or wombok), shredded


Garlic, onions, leeks, carrots.

Just stir fry the vegetables and season with a bit of sesame oil and salt and pepper.



The beef here looks burnt, but I assure you it's not.

For dessert, okay I know I'm on a diet, but I only ate one promise,


A cousin came home from Singapore and gave this as pasalubong.


So cute, Merlion shaped chocolates.

There goes our Sundate, very laid back and chill.  We actually watched a movie afterwards then slept.  So recharging and we are ready to face the week ahead.  Nothing beats staying at home with the one you love :)

12 comments:

Claire P said...

What a lovely weekend, and the food.. pics pa lang yummy na! :)

Rei San said...

yum yum! fave din namin yan.. madali kasi gawin :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Claire, it was really lovely, sweet sweetan lang :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Kitchen Goddes, yes, super dali gawin. Mas matagal pa actually yung pag chop ko ng vegetables kaysa pagluto ng beef, hehe.

Kristine Omaan said...

Sarap ng beef at sauteed cabbage mo sis ah. Tama, nothing beats the time spent with love ones. Even if its at home lang. :)

lornadahl said...

Wow! The veggies and chocolates look delish (I don't eat red meat anymore, so the beef barbeque doesn't look appealing haha). I'd like that kind of date, too. So chillax!

Jocris Mangubat said...

Wow.great weekend you have.. and i like the merlion chocolates.nom nom

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hi Lorna, home dates rock!! Thanks for dropping by :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sis Jocris, the merlion choco were too cute to eat :)

Sally Mae said...

sarap naman sis! i hope I can find time to cook my own food again. have a nice day!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hello Sally, I do hope you find time soon :)

Kristine Diomampo said...

I haven't really tried cooking here at home since it's Ma who always do it. But this seems very simple enough that I think I can manage to do it. :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!