Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tong Yang - Jellybean's Birthday

September is Jellybean's birthday, September 1st to be exact.

He's a Virgo - Virgo exists in the mind, everything is inside. To the world, Virgo presents a calm and collected exterior but on the inside, nervous uncontrolled intensity in the mind, trying to figure things out, how to improve everything, analyzing and thinking. Virgo can tire itself out without even moving! Virgo has a constant drive to improve and perfect, this can lead to extreme pickiness and finickiest. They are pure, their motives are honest never malicious and they want to accomplish something. - Yep that's him alright!

Anyway, to celebrate, being it a Sunday, we first heard mass to give thanks, then we headed off to MegaMall to have lunch as they have a lot of restos that we can choose from.  Jellybean was craving for something soupy, and him being the birthday boy, he chose TongYang Hot Pot buffet.



Wait, before I post more, I just feel the need to share this.  When we went there at 10 a.m. (I know, eager beavers, hehe), the resto was still closed.  Opening was at 11 a.m.  The usher told us to go back after an hour on the dot as it was a first come first serve basis.  We had one hour to go around, so we asked our Manang to wait in line and to have our names listed by the usher as what is usually practiced when trying to reserve seats.

It was a good thing we went back 45 minutes later.  Jellybelly and I were situated a few feet from Manang and saw the usher giving out numbers to those in line.  Manang approached and motioned for the usher to give her a number for three seats, twice.  The usher completely ignored her and went to the other people waiting and gave them numbers.  I was so ticked that I went to the usher and asked her why she did not give a number to Manang, no explanations but she gave me a piece of paper with the #7 and then she gave me "the look."

 What the fudge, right?  I mean, Manang was there all along, she could have been given #2 or #3.

Moving on, we just let that slide.  We did not want that to affect Jellybelly's birthday, him being in his jolly good mood.

Finally, we were seated and was asked which soup we liked, choices for soup were sinigang, spicy or chicken.  We chose spicy (as always whenever we dine here).  We then proceeded to the different sections of the buffet, which you could either simmer in the soup or grill.


Fish


Balls


Juices, iced tea, oh they also have sodas, but I steered clear from those (tempting).  I only had water, boo.


Sushi rolls


Dumplings/siomai



We had these simmered in the hot soup in no time.



I forgot to take pictures of the different meats/seafood you can grill, silly me.  I love their beef slices.  I was too busy slurping away, haha.


Like a good girl, I never forget to eat my greens.



I am a fan of their ice creams, my favorite chocolate or was it mocha and strawberry.

Overall, the food was good. We had an enjoyable time, Manang did not forget about the incident with the usher, we just had a good laugh about it afterwards.  Eventhough our families are far away, yes we wish they were here to celebrate Jellybean's birthday,  Jellybean is happy.  Whenever I would ask him what he wants for his birthday, he would often reply, "Pakabait ka na lang."  So, for one day, I am mabait to him, haha!

I pray for his good health and happiness always.  Love, love, love! 

15 comments:

Kristine Omaan said...

The food looks really good! Especially the sushi and the fish section of the buffet.
Ang snub ng usher huh!
Happy birthday to your Jellybeans!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thanks for the greeting - From Jellybean. Oo snub si ateh, kahit nung umalis kami tinitignan pa si Manang head to foot kaya nag smile na lang si Manang kasi busog daw sya.

thekitchengoddess said...

Happy Birthday to Jellybeans!!!


haven't eaten in tong yang for ages ... na-tempt ako sa post mo :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thank you! Try to go before the opening to spare you the long line specially on weekends.

Jocris Mangubat said...

Happy Birthday to Jellybeans!sushi galore..nag crave tuloy ako!

Belated Bloomer said...

I heard Tong Yang's not the same as before...food-wise, but I guess also in terms of customer service. So was the buffet sulit for your money?

Abi
aka The Belated Bloomer - Blog Giveaway Still Open!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thanks Jocris!

Venus Emma said...

You gave an idea on where to treat the hubby for his birthday next week! Thanks :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hi Abi! Yes you're right, it's not the same anymore (comparing it mga 10 years ago). May decline na talaga naging so "commercial" na. We eat here to reminisce na lang, good old times, cant put a tag on that, but not sulit in terms of quality.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Venus, its okay i guess. Try their beef slices, so good! Also if you're not allergic to seafood try their crabs, shrimps and shells para sulit. You won't feel as full as other eat all you can restos, we chose this cause they serve greens din para healthy side :)

Sally Mae said...

I've eaten at Tong Yang eton centris early this year. I think the food is okay given the price, but I think I'll still choose yakimix over this place :)

Sally Mae said...

And belated happy birthday pala kay hubby mo sis :)

Shayne said...

happy birthday jellybeans! btw sis do they accept reservations from phone? :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sally, thanks for your greeting. Tongyang is okay, but Yakimix is mas sulit.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Shayne, thank you as well. I'm not sure though if they accept reservations, sorry.

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!