Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Heatless Schmexy Beachy Waves

So the holiday season is on us.  We have a lot of parties and events to attend.  We also want to look extra nice right. 

Before I begin, sorry folks this is not a really step-by-step tutorial.  I would just like to share tools and tips I use to achieve beachy, just got off from bed, schemexily tousled waves.  As much as I can, I try to avoid using heat in my hair to avoid it from getting damaged as it is already dry and frizzy, yey to NO HEAT, just good old fashioned curls.

So first off, you have to begin with wet hair and use the right styling product.  For me I like using Monea Curl Defining Milk .  Just use a peso sized amount and work it up onto wet hair.  Use a wide tooth comb to remove the tangles. 


Now for the tools to achive beach waves:


Good old granny rollers - I have velcro (yellow ones) for the longer section of my hair, medium sized ones with "teeth" and teeny tiny ones for the smaller bits of hair.  No special technique, I just roll away like my momma taught me how.  I just roll them from the ends and just ending halfway the length of my hair.  No need to roll it up towards the scalp - looks outdated, at least for me, but if that is your thing, roll away lovelies.


Bendy rollers - bought at Watsons.  These are bit tricky to use.  Basically, you just wind your hair in it and twist to lock in place. 


Magic Leverag curlformers - I bought two packs for 100 pesos each at 168 in Diviland.  It yields nice bouncy curls, but once "gravity" takes over and as the day goes on, the curls would then turn into big schmexy waves.  You can find tons of tutorials all over Youtube on how to use this.
This technique I found at Pinterest is by far the easiest way to achieve pretty curls.  No special tools necessary.


TIPS:
-  Start off with wet hair, apply your hair product like mousse and hair lotions then curl, leave to air dry.
-  The longer you leave the curlers in, the tighter the curls will be.
-  Gently remove the curlers so as not to "destroy" the waves.
-  It is important not to brush or comb your hair.  You can piece out/separate your curls, finger comb or flip it.
-  To make the curls last longer, you can use hairspray.

The result, gorgeous, bouncy, schmexy beachy waves!

I hope this helps!  Care to share how you curl your hair?  May be we can swap tips and ideas.  Have fun with your curls and stay gorgeous Divas!!!

18 comments:

Claire P said...

Sis where did you buy the Monea curl defining milk? Thanks :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hi Claire, i got it at Watson's for less than 100 pesos :)

lornadahl said...

Oooh! This is nice! I used to apply Monea on my hair, too. Kaso nagka-dandruff ako eventually so I stopped na. Ang cu-cute naman ng rollers! Ma-try nga! Hihi!

Kristine Omaan said...

I wanna try this sis. My hair definitely needs some loving. Hope your enjoying the long weekend! :)

Mira Delos Reyes said...

i can't take advantage this since i have short hair... :(

Hazel☺ said...

i love sexy beach waves but it so hard to maintain curly hair :(

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Lorna, I'm hoping I don't get dandruff, but so far so good :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Kristine, I hope it works for you. Long weekend? What long weekend, haha?

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Mira, once your hair gets longer, give it a try :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hazel, thanks for dropping by. Yes, I agree with you, so hard to maintain curly hair.

Nathalie said...

Just to add, the donut bun maker makes gorgeous beach waves too. Perfect for keeping your hair up for work during the day, then down to sexy waves for a night out. :)

Jocris Mangubat said...

awwww..I am a fan of curl hair, usually pag party or event ang pupunthan.. maiba lng ng look.. hihi..

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sis Nathalie, do you know where I can buy donut bun maker?

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sis Jocris, diba curl curl, party party ang saya :)

Nathalie said...

There are lots on online shops, but I got mine from Puregold for around P70. ^_^

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Thanks for replying Nathalie, I will surely drop by Puregold.

Rae A. said...

Waaah, I tried kaso sobrang taba ng strands ng buhok ko, sobrang lumalaban sya. Para lang akong bagong gising na hindi nagsuklay :(

Kittykat Miyaw said...

oww, too bad it didn't work for you. baka the way you curled it kaya? technique? curling tool? sayang naman Rae :( na sad ako bigla.

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!