Nuffnang Ads

Friday, October 25, 2013

Mr. Kimbop Korean Healthfood

Jellybean and I went to the MegaMall last week for their sale.  For lunch, we were a bit undecided.  Can't choose between hand pulled noodles or Yabu.  Because I had a hard time choosing, we ended up at the foodcourt, hahah.

We were intrigued by the really long line at Mr. Kimbop, a Korean Healthfood stall.  To be frank, I have not tried a lot of Korean food, except for well, Korean Barbeque, Japchae and Korean stew and Melona ice cream (does that count?)  Healthfood, got me right away, so we tried it.


When eating out, I always try to choose dishes with greens in it, lesser evil!  Anyway, this is their Bibimbap served in a hot plate.  Reasonably priced at 99 (regular) - my order or  119 (upgraded?) Jellybean's order.


This dish has it all - a cup of rice topped with egg, bean sprouts, carrots, cucumber, kimchi, beef, Chinese cabbage and green onions I think.  It also comes with a brown spicy paste if you like it spicy.


So you mix everything together for a very colorful dish.  I like that the vegetables retained their crunch and the sauce was just right - not too salty I mean, just enough of the sweet, salty, spicy flavors playing with your tongue.  The portion is just right to make you feel full, but not over, so I guess it's also good for those who are conscious of their calorie intake.  I will definitely come back for more and probably try other dishes that they offer, a plus in my book of healthy fastfood!!


Jellybean also ordered a side dish of Japchae and a mysterious dumpling (?) for 45 pesos, which is not that extraordinary, just okay.

My verdict, it really is worth the long line, happy tummy!  Have you tried Korean food? Do you have something yummy you can recommend that I try?

6 comments:

Jocris Mangubat said...

Uhmmm I haven't try any korean dishes.. hahha ignorante lang.. ^^

Kristine Omaan said...

Your meal look delicious!
I love everything Korean. But sa food,kimbap at kimchi lang na try ko sis. :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Jocris, try Mr. Kimbop you might like it ;)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sis Kristine, let's not forget Korean beauty products, i admire their skin ;)

Claire P said...

I have tried Kimbop, the one with Chicken something, like chicken nuggets ba yun? It's really good, I will force my husband next time, lol! Thank I will try the Regular next time.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Kimbob is good and affordable, talagang may force pa ha, hehe.

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!