Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Taming of the Frizz

Let me touch on a very hair-raising subject (excuse the pun).

I have hair all over the place, unmanageable and frizzy, which I tend to keep in a ponytail most of the time.  I am very low maintenance with regards to my hair - just shampoo every other day and deep condition whenever I remember.  I know it's frizzy and wavy, which I control most of the time with Virgin Coconut oil.  Sometimes I think it would be lovely if I had straight stick hair, but then again I'm afraid to undergo chemical treatment - rebond.  Every salon I go to, they would annoyingly offer, "Ma'am rebond natin."  I say, no way!  I have this fear of my hair falling out after the treatment, yeah so weird, I know.  But then, I also love my natural wavy curly hair, I just have to find the right product for me, and then there was . . .


Monea Curl Defining Milk Hair Lotion


Intensify your curls and define your waves!  Promises natural control with a touchable feel, creating frizz-free shiny and moisturized curls without stiffness, definition and bounce to curly or wavy hair.  It has almond milk that leaves hair silky smooth, etc. etc.

Direction:  Apply to wet or damp hair from roots to ends and scrunch to shape curls.  Concentrate on lengths and ends to prevent frizzing.  Apply lightly and evenly for more control and definition.  Use wide-tooth comb or fingers to style.  Dry hair naturally.  Do not use a blow dryer.  Ideal for curly wavy or permed hair..

Expires:  August 2016


Milky lotion-like consistency.


I use this much for my shoulder-length thick, unruly hair (buhaghag hair, oh no!)


LIKES:
-  Reasonably priced, 100 pesos for 200 ml worth of product - winner!!  Can be bought at Watson's and SM stores.
-  Controls the frizz, no more buhaghag hair ever!
-  True to its claim, defined my waves better.  Holds the curls the entire day.
-  No need to use a blow dryer, you can apply to wet hair and leave it to dry.
-  You can use curlers to set your wet hair (if you are attending an event), leave that to dry and that's it.
-  Just a little goes a long way.
-  Expiration is stamped on the side of the bottle.
-  Smells wonderful.

DISLIKES:
-  I hate the bottle with its wide mouth, very difficult to control the amount of hair lotion coming out.  It would have been better if it was stored in a pump bottle.
-  Don't try to put too much, otherwise it will weigh the hair down and make hair sticky and clumpy looking.


I am now trying to embrace my natural wavy hair.  Now that the holiday season is near, I know we have a lot of parties and events to attend, for a change, we can set our hair with this and use curlers for a more defined look.  Watch out for that, I will do a post about heatless waves/curls.  Smexy beachy waves, love it!

16 comments:

Jocris Mangubat said...

Ohh.. that is great.. well. not all cheap products aren;t you with their claims right?
Anyway,, I remember when I also have a buhaghag hair, and everytime I go to salon, I was also annoyed to those staffs na nag sasabing Ma'am rebond natin... So I sometimes answered them.. LiBRE? ahahhahha.. Well, It was good,that You found a new bestfriend of your hair sis.. Good job^^

Kristine Omaan said...

I badly need this! I have naturally wavy hair which I rebonded. I know right. I should have embraced my wavy hair. Two weeks ago, I decided to perm my hair. And it was a disaster! It didnt curl at all. Maybe, because of the all the rebonding I did. Now,my hair is a dry mess. I badly need this. :(

sumptuous said...

I have used this product everyday for almost 4 years and I agree with you on everything :) When you have naturally curly/wavy hair, you know you'll need something to give your hair the lively bounce and this product sure helped! I guess I just got tired of using the same hair lotion kaya I stopped. Plus, medyo nakakatamad na to stay another minute in front of the mirror for the lotion application. haha
Nice review, btw. :)

Miss `Chievous said...

I am using Finesse. Sana may pics sis! :) Lemme try nga din yan. Medyo mahal yung Finesse eh

Nathalie said...

Lucky you for having wavy locks! ^_^ I am planning to have my hair digipermed come December.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sis Jocris, I'll try to remember that next time when they ask me, haha!

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Kristine, for everyday use try Virgin Coconut oil, but for days when I need to look extra nice, I use Monea.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Sumptuous - thanks for dropping by. Yup, I have read a lot of good reviews about Monea that's why I decided to try it out, and yes, it definitely lived up to its reputation :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Miss 'Chievous, sorry forgot to post a before and after post.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Nathalie, good luck on your digiperm, i hope it turns out nice and hope you could do a post about it :)

Mira Delos Reyes said...

I have buhaghag hair din, lemme try this

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hope it works for you Mira :)

Laarni Lopez said...

Weeee! Thanks for this! I have long and curly hair too and have learned to love my waves.. I'll definitely check this product out. Thank you too for following me in GFC and joining my giveaway at thejaggedbarn.blogspot.com! God bless! I'm a follower now too! :)

Belated Bloomer said...

Thanks for sharing! At least this is quite affordable, so ok lang subukan anytime. I also have frizz that needs taming, I mean, beating. Hahaha!

Abi
aka The Belated Bloomer

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Hi Abi, I was about to comment on your blog. Yes, kasi naman humid din ang climate so we are more prone to frizz, good thing there are affordable products out there.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Laarni, welcome to my humble blog! Take care!

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!