Nuffnang Ads

Monday, February 3, 2014

Pits Perfect

Where did January go? Hello, its February already and I almost didn't notice.

This post is all about our pits, armpits, underarm, axilla hence the title Pits Perfect, haha - forgive me for my corny lines.  Moving on . . .


Here in our country, there is this obsession for whiter and fairer underarms.  Most women refuse to talk about it, are conscious about it or even embarrassed about it.  It can affect our choice of clothes and our confidence too.  Some would not even try on sleeveless clothes because of a whole lot of issues about their underarms - chicken skin, razor marks, wax burns, discoloration, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), etc. etc.

Sorry, I won't bother showing you pics of my axilla.  I got chicken skin and lines and lately, dryness.  Yup, my axillas have turned dry and itchy on me.  I will share below products that I have been using.

For the longest time, I have been using


Milcu Underarm and Foot Deodorant Powder - I've been a loyal user since 2005.
LIKES:
- all natural (potash alum and hydrated magnesium silicate)
- mild
- non-sticky
- non-darkening
- doesn't stain clothes
- no untoward smell even if I workout/have a hectic day
- doesn't clog pores
- affordable at less than 90+ pesos
DISLIKES:
- doesn't control sweat - this is not a problem for me as I let my sweat glands do its job
- messy
- lately, I'm not sure though if weather is also a factor, I have experienced dryness and itchiness.


On to my quest for a more emollient/moisturizing type of deodorant . . .



Dove Advanced Care Ultimate White
LIKES:
- affordable, not more than 120 pesos
- smells good
- moisturizes my pits - with omega 6 in 1/4 moisturizing cream
- 24 to 48 hour protection - yup, I've road tested this, no untoward smell
- antiperspirant
- doen't darken underarms (I haven't seen the whitening effects, though I don't have dark UA to begin with)
- chicken skin is not as marked with use
DISLIKES:
- since I chose roll-on type, it takes a couple of minutes to dry
- if you put too much, it might feel sticky
- I'm not sure of the other ingredients, but I'm sure it's not all-natural

and


Deonat Aloe Mineral Deodorant Spray - this is the best among the three
LIKES:
- alcohol free
- paraben free
- aluminum chlorohydrate free
- made of natural mineral salts
- non-sticky
- non-staining
- leaves no white residue
- contains aloe vera to help soothe and moisturize
- non-darkening
- not messy as it is in a spray bottle
- I can share this with Jellybean
- eliminates odor - Jellybean approved
- reasonably priced at 115+ pesos
DISLIKES:
- it doesn't control sweat, but I don't really mind, at least it doesn't stop your sweat glands from doing what they have to do right?

As you can see, as much as possible I really like using natural products because it doesn't cause hyperpigmentation, and if ever I have some discoloration or my pits look ruddy, I try to use


Gluta-C intense whitening, can fade away discolorations over time (not instantly) and I just use this once a day (after bathing).

And now, here are my tips to prevent hyperpigmentation:
1.  Avoid too tight clothing as it can cause friction on the skin.
2.  Gently exfoliate the pits once in a while to free your skin of gunk, but use only products that are gentle to the skin to avoid microtears, which in turn can cause hyperpigmentation.  I recommend baking soda scrubs at least once or twice a month.
3.  Whenever you have to shave be extra careful to prevent nicks and don't try dry shaving.  When waxing, test first the wax to prevent burns. When plucking, make sure the hairs are softened to prevent unecessary tugging.
4.  Moisturize your pits.
5.  Try switching deodorants.  Some ingredients might be too strong on your sensitive skin, fewer chemicals the better. Try all natural products.

I hope this helps ladies :)



31 comments:

Nix Sayo said...

Oooooooooh. I'm using Milcu for my feet! Haha.

Maita Atienza, Makeup Artist Philippines said...

Great reviews! I use Dove myself.
http://www.mrsdiazchronicle.weebly.com

Kristine Diomampo said...

I've only tried the Dove ones. I found that they stain white shirts eh, naninilaw yung sa may armpits na part. Or baka dahil pawisin lang talaga ko hahaha. :D

Kristine Omaan said...

I am currently using Deonat and I find it really good. I even recommended it to my sister. Oh yeah, I love natural products too. Have a good day,sis!

Rae A. said...

Ack, from deonat I realized that I don't like non-antiperspirant deodorants. Try quelch from avon, a cream type deodorant. It's somewhat moisturizing kasi parang lotion sya :)

Mango RabbitRabbit said...

I've always heard of "whitening deodorant" by various brands and have tried a different combo .. but they never seem to work for me! *cry*

xoxo, Mango ❤
MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Etude House My Blooming Lips

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Nix, i also do that whenever I have to use closed shoes :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Maita, I use Dove only on days that I go out of house as it really stays true to its claim, 24 hours protection.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Kristine D, yes it does stain clothes nagiging yellowish nga.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Kristine O, jellybean and I we love it as well. Very effective yet all natural :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Rae, that's the downside lang as it doen't control sweat, sweaty pits, but I don't mind kasi I stay at home most of the time :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Mango Rabbit, I didn't notice the whitening effect as well, but it doesn't darken the pits either, so yey!

Jhanz A. said...

Awesome tips!!! :D These are really helpful. And oh, don't shave as much because it will make your pits darker! :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Yes, that is true Jhanz. I only shave when I don't have much time or whenever I feel lazy.

Ambi Page said...

amazing tips dear !! thanks for visiting my blog :) would you like to follow each other on GFC , Bloglovin and on Google plus :) xx
www.ambifashion.com

GagCloud said...

Nice post :)

NEW POST...

http://www.gagcloud.com/2014/02/booties-from-sammydress.html

MuShii said...

I also use Dove deodorants because they work so well !

Christine ♥ CHRiiSSYDOLLXO said...

Those are such amazing tips! I really like Dove deodorant too, it's so gentle on the armpits, perfect for sensitive skin. :)

Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

Shayne ♥ said...

hihi this is true were actually known for having lots of deodorants with whitening properties outside the country :D

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Ambi, followed you back :)

Kittykat Miyaw said...

GagCloud, thanks, will visit your blog soon.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

MuShii, they do work well and smells great.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Christine, I only use Dove whenever I have to do chores outside the house because it really gives good protection, and yeah, gentle too.

Kittykat Miyaw said...

Shayne, I really can't understand the obsession for super white underarms. I prefer someone with not so perfect UA but has good hygiene than someone with blinding pits but smells terrible, haha besides we really can't outdo the melanin in our skin, hihi!

Jacqueline said...

If you have the budget, I really suggest undergoing laser hair removal. Every cent spent on the procedure will be worth it. For deodorants, I use Dove deo, but only when going hiking, running or yoga. :)

Thank you for visiting my blog :)

Style and Glow said...

This made want to try dove deodorant. :)

Angel E. said...

comprehensive review :) thanks for sharing. i wanna try the deonat!

Hilde Tran said...

perfectttt i've been looking for some ideas for underarms:)
thanks
xoxo
www.urbanconcourse.com

Nivii Y said...

I hate my underarms so much! This was very helpful, thanks for sharing :)

www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

Donna Ocon -Juezan said...

Thanks for the thoughts! I am currently using baking soda.. That's all! It prevents my UA to sweat and prevents odor too! I'm afraid of trying out commercial brands because it might worsen hyperpigmentation.

Jocris Mangubat said...

I also use Dove, I also have a not so good looking pits.shock.but in terms of hygiene I make sure that I do not go out with a smelly UA.. lol ^^

http://jocrisworld.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts DIVAS!