I might have told you in my past posts that I am extremely loyal, right? For most of my life, when it comes to lipsticks, my lips have a love affair with Clinique lipsticks. I don't want to sound like a snob. It's just that I have been hooked to it since my mom and sister swear by it and give them to me as gifts always so I never run out of stock. Sure, my mom and sister would send over other brands, but my lips would still long for good old Clinique. I rarely buy lipsticks with my own money and when I do, I often times regret the purchase, the reasons include the following - poor color pay off, nasty scent, causes lip darkening, allergies, etc. etc.
That is until I have tried Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks.
Yep, reasonably priced at 165 pesos at Watson's and local make-up counters.
I got Pink Flame and Siennas.
Starting off with Siennas -
It is an amazing red-brown color, something that is not an "in your face" red color, more of a my lips but better shade. Very safe, no fail shade that I think would match morenas and fair-skinned Pinays. This is safe for work color, gives off a "conservative, good girl" look.
Next is Pink Flame
Pink Flame is a very flattering shade of pink-brown, makes one look young and brightens the face, which again will flatter morenas and fair-skinned gals alike. Gives off a youthful fun vibe especially for summer, but would still look demure.
- Does not cause allergies, lip darkening (at least for me).
- Very affordable.
- Can be purchased at any leading department store.
- Most shades suit Filipina skin, morenas or for fair skinned gals.
- Good color payoff and good pigmentation.
- No offensive smell, though at first use there is a hint of a waxy scent, but overtime it fades.
- Staying power is quite long, unless of course you eat or drink, but even then, it leaves a slight tint to your lips.
- This brand got tons of amazing colors for you to choose from.
- As with some matte lipsticks, it can be a bit drying. You may opt to use a lip balm (but I find that that defeats the purpose of using a matte lipstick).
-xxxx wala na ako maisip
I am a hoarder, so with the affordable price and good quality I will definitely buy other shades, may be a nude one or something corally. I want to kick myself for discovering this only now, but as they say it's never too late, right? Let me know if you have tried these and which ones are your favorites so that I could try them out as well.
Until then DIVAS, stay pretty and happy, mwuah!